Title: Administrative Assistant, Community Colleges
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director of Development, Regional & Community Colleges
The Administrative Assistant, Community Colleges (“Administrative Assistant”) is responsible for providing administrative support to facilitate the fundraising work of the Executive Director of Development, Regional & Community Colleges and the other Community Colleges Development Team fundraising professionals. Key responsibilities include providing development, account management and administrative support.
Specific responsibilities and performance expectations include:
- Works closely with the Community Colleges Development Team in their campaign priorities efforts.
- Create and maintain prospect/donor files, as well as other development office files.
- Assist in the planning and execution of unit-based donor events not directly handled by the UH Foundation Special Events Department. Identify guest list; prepare, create and send invitations, RSVPs, name tags, and registration materials; staff event; and initiate subsequent follow-up communication as necessary.
- Enter, maintain, and retrieve information from the development database.
- Conduct or obtain from the University of Hawai‘i Foundation (UHF) Office of Development Research research on donors, generate briefings, gift summaries, fundraising reports, prospect and other targeted lists.
- Assist with portfolio updates for all Community Colleges Development Team fundraising professionals.
- Prepare development correspondence, acknowledgments, proposals and other written materials.
- Assist in coordinating direct mail appeals.
- Serves as an interface and resource between account administrators and Community Colleges Development Team fundraising professionals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with account administrators (faculty, staff, and academic leadership) thorough proactive communication, and providing prompt and accurate service.
- Provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about UHF accounts. Assist in opening, revising and closing accounts. Assist in revising existing accounts so account administrators can better utilize the funds.
- Educate account administrators in using IFAS.
- Generate reports for account administrators, department chairs, and leadership of the UH Community Colleges.
- Coordinate data requests between departments and Data and Technology Services.
- Develop call and in-person meeting cycle with department chairs to discuss UHF account concerns.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of the Community Colleges Development Office.
- Organize and facilitate meetings; prepare minutes; schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agenda, and facilities; and provide administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
- Oversee fiscal matters, including gift processing, new account establishment forms, assisting in preparation of fundraising projections and reports, reimbursement requests, requisitions and purchase orders.
- Coordinate travel schedules, make travel arrangements, and prepare travel briefings.
- Regularly deal with diverse matters requiring a broad knowledge of the UH Foundation’s organizational operations and policies necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
At the end of each year, the Administrative Assistant and his/her supervisor will review progress toward the essential functions of the position.
Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or secretarial capacity in a corporate, educational or non-profit organization, with proven success in the following:
- Professional, self-starter and team player;
- Highly organized, able to multi-task;
- Ability to respond to high pressure situations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, mail merge functions, and database and records management;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Sensitivity to confidential information;
- Bachelor’s degree, a plus;
- Broad-based knowledge and skills related to advancement and fundraising in higher education, a plus; and
- Exemplify and live the values of the UH Foundation (accountability, excellence, integrity, service, teamwork and trust)
Based at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, the position might involve some travel, mostly by auto. The Administrative Assistant must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. He/She will need to work some weekends and evenings and be able to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40 hour work week.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest that provides evidence of the qualifications, a resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to:
University of Hawai‘i Foundation, Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 11270
Honolulu, HI 96828-0270
f: (808) 956-9786